Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Judy, Judy, Judy

I am too obsessed with music. I spent 45 minutes yesterday reading Judy Henske's website, and then clicking over to her ex-husband Jerry Yester's website. I did love the interview with her on her fan site, especially Judy's repeated praise of fallen hero, the late Zal Yanovsky [orig. member of the Lovin' Spoonful] as having "the juice." As in, he had "the juice." Well, she was always known for being a bit salacious.

Here's the quote, just too good to link to:

"Zalman had this dark juice all the time, and he was just fabulous. He was a real rock'n'roller, stuck in that funny little feel-good group. He was bad, Zalman was. He's so interesting. He had all the juice, and the rest of 'em were just this cute guy group. But Zalman had the juice. His father was a famous communist cartoonist, you know that?"

Just check out the Shel Silverstein-penned liner notes to her second seminal record, the one some people claim begat folk rock [apologies to Jackie DeShannon, I suppose. Or the Springfields].

Sorry, it now seems that I have dragged you, the gentle reader, into my dark obsession. That started when I was merely 9 or 10 years old. We'll go into that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home