Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Someone to Believe In

I was just thinking how important it is, and has been to me, to have people who believe in you. It's such an odd quirk of human character, to care so much what other people think. And whether they "believe" in you.

It just strikes me as such a random variable. And it depends on the believer's whim. And it depends even more on whether you have a good circle around you, or if not, you can create one.

I have known people who have forsaken their whole families, moved halfway around the world in search of a support network. In search of loving, supportive people.

I have known people with massive inferiority complexes despite having loving, supporting families and friends.

But all in all, it is so much better to have a soft pillow to lay your head on, that pillow being the confidence that your friends and family will be there for you, and that they believe you can overcome obstacles, hardships and setbacks. It means so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home