Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's Late

Let me confirm my status as a loser. It's Friday night, about 1 am and I'm drinking Jack Daniels neat, and watching Colin Ferguson with my dog. The dog, being properly diurnal, is trying to sleep. If left to my own devices, I get tired around 3:30 or 4:00 am, but pick up a second wind around 4:30 or so. I used to pull all-nighters during two periods in my life: when I was in college, particularly at Irvine, and when I worked in San Luis Obispo. I can guarantee you that when I worked in SLO, I was the hardest-working person in town. I never took a vacation, worked nights and weekends ... and it paid off ... not at all.

Julia Sweeney and Fountains of Wayne are on Colin Ferguson. That's a dream lineup for me.

Here's irony: Chuck Norris's real first name is Carlos. Carlos Mencia's real first name is Ned. Who's fooling who?

Lastly, a close friend of mine gave me the new Mindy Smith record for Christmas. Nice record, nice piece of work - it's a holiday affair with several original songs written by Mindy with co-writes by Chely Wright and Thad Cockrell. So she shows good taste in collaborators.

I got the impression from listening to her, reading about her, looking at videos of her on YouTube, and from the fact that she plays up the loss of her mother [who died when she was 17] in one of her recent songs "One Moment More" that she was 21 or 22 years old. I was wrong. She's 35. Now, a woman of 35 I would expect to have a little more perspective ... a little more seasoning, if you will. She really sounds and acts like a very young girl. Weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

Hope you have a really good 2008. Give Kelly a smoochy for me.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home