Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Freeway Is A Dog


My mom had a serious stroke that left her paralyzed and aphasic in mid-1984. Her recovery, such as it was [the paralysis and aphasia stayed with her until she died in 1998 at age 62], was difficult on the family.


But during these times, I learned that even in tough times there is humor.


I used to drive my mom to her doctor's visits pretty frequently in that era, and once while we were coming back from the appointment, I told her that we were "getting on the freeway." To which she replied "Freeway is a dog." Puzzled, I said something to the effect that "yes, traffic sure can be a dog sometimes ..." And again she stated "No, freeway is a dog!" And I mumbled something about the traffic, and she again came back with "No, freeway is a dog ... on the TV." At this point I was seriously confused.


Later on, while we were watching Hart to Hart, I discovered what my mom was referring to. Freeway is the name of the dog on the show. Freeway, indeed, is a dog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a bitch sometimes...

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home