Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Monday, May 28, 2007

That's What I Like About the South

Just got back from South Carolina [late last night.]

I really like the South. It's green, largely rural and the people call you "Sugar", "Sweetie" and "Darlin'." I've been to Virginia, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia now, so I can say I've seen a fair amount of the South. And despite the hot & humid weather, it is pretty great. Cool buildings, lots of rivers, history, good music ... food ... what more can you want?

That being said, the Charleston / Columbia area had the worst radio I have ever encountered. I thought that Air Supply, Peter Cetera and Bonnie Tyler had gone the way of the running board and spats. Boy, was I wrong.

On the downside, I discovered [again], during the second night of my trip, that I am highly allergic to down pillows. Quite literally, I was praying for a quick and painless death. And then I come home, and appear to have sinusitis. And of course, it is Memorial Day so a trip to the doc is out of the question. I called the 800 number on my card to see if I could get a pre-authorization for a visit to the doc-in-a-box. That was fruitless. No comment, as I work for the company that provides said health care.

People who are not susceptible to severe allergy attacks cannot fully appreciate how traumatic, painful and debilitating they are. Let's just say it is a version of hell.

I'll write more about my Charleston / Columbia trip later. I have to apply a cold compress to my head and sneeze for awhile right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home