Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Strange Days Indeed

True incident Told Without Embellishment: I was in Plummer's, the store for people too lazy to drive to Ikea, and I was shopping for a new chest of drawers for my guestroom. The somewhat attractive 40-ish saleslady was helping someone, but she turned to me and asked if I needed help. I said "Yes, I want to purchase a chest of drawers." She looked across the rather cavernous store and yelled to a co-worker standing about 40 feet away in a loud voice: "Mitch, this gentleman needs help in the bedroom department!"

It's all too true, but still I laughed.

My two new roommates have moved in, and they are surprisingly unscrewed up [so far, knock on Norwegian wood]. We'll see how they work out. Coincidentally, I'm going to see the vintage rock group Crowded House next week. And I live in one. Scratching my chin thoughtfully.

My car blew up on Wednesday in just the worst way. Spitting up green stuff, high fever, bedridden. I'm thinking it's bird flu. It threw a serpentine belt, which took out ... etc etc.

The Angels are playing good ball. The Mariners are playing great ball. F the F-ing Mariners.

"Ratatouille" and "Superbad" are two excellent movies. I fault "Superbad" for having too much cop stuff in the movie, although the cop stuff was funny.

Help in the bedroom department, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home