Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stuff I Dislike

Okay, let's get the party started.

1. Jon Stewart. Not a fan. I don't find him funny, or witty, or a particularly good interviewer. He is, however, a fairly good judge of talent. Stephen Colbert, Rob Corddry, Steve Carrell, and Ed Helms come to mind.

2. The Films of Christopher Guest. On the whole, I find his humor elitist. Genius, but elitist.

3. Baseball's All-Star game. What a piece of crap. Who cares!

4. Musical artists who (a) refuse to license their work for commercials and/or movies, and then publicly act like they possess some higher level of morality, and (b) artists who don't sell their work digitally. I've gone over this before, but please let's get on the bus.

I like how videos and mp3s have sort of fostered the reemergence of the single as the most important unit of music. Because it is. Artists who focus on "albums" are just deluded. Even the greats - Bowie, Neil Young, Van Morrison - were at their best when they were singles-focused. Domino, Suffragette City, Cinnamon Girl anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home