Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Friday, June 13, 2008

You Got Rickrolled



As I have stated before, the Internet is the playground of the obsessive. And this has never been more plainly demonstrated than as in this example [I know what you're thinking: why couldn't it have been the Red Sox? Probably because their fans are too dim to pull off such a witty stunt.] God bless Rick Astley for, say, not missing the point. And he correctly pointed it out that this was a bit "spooky" and demonstrated that this was a "brilliant" use of the Internet.

Something both spooky and brilliant? Yes, though seemingly inconsistent, he is correct. Generally, we Americans like to denigrate things that annoy us. We would say that it is "idiotic" and "harassing." We would say that it is "pathetic" and "intrusive." But as has been demonstrated so many times before, the Brits are a superior people.

Where have I been lately? Three really cool events. The Kids in the Hall show at the Grove in Anaheim [where I did not get my head crushed, sadly.] Aimee Mann last Friday night at the House of Blues [again, in that cultural mecca, Anaheim. I got to see the uncomfortably skinny Ms. Mann walk around Downtown Disney before the show with her friends, and I have the blurry cell phone pix to prove it, should I ever learn how to download them.] And, on Saturday, I saw the dreadfully slow-paced "The Hunger" at the Hollywood Forever cemetery, along with several hundred live friends and many more dead celebrities. So, yes, I'm getting out.

What happened to the Lakers last night? They're in the deep stuff now. Down 3-1 ... but, hey, if the Red Sox can do it, then surely the Lakers can ... I would put their odds at around 10% at this point. Let's see what the Zen master can do.

While I have your attention, I would just like to point out that 91 year old Walter Cronkite is "keeping company" with Carly Simon's [older] sister, Joanna. Who, though 68 years old, is 33 years his junior. Rickrolled, indeed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere on Martha's Vineyard tonight, a tall, gangly, yet attractive jewish lady is getting wildly "Cronkeited".

- angel ap.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home