Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Misleading Headline Dept.

Eagle Swoops Down and Steals Cat. That's putting it nicely. The eagle did not merely steal the cat, I must report. Well, that's your liberal news media for you -- always soft peddling the hard truths, and over-selling the soft ones. My good woman, your cat is toast.

I would write about the proposed auto company bailout, but really, it's too depressing. In short, I would propose to give the money to Honda or Toyota, and have them transition production of the existing plants to Camrys and Priuses [Priux? Prii?] One thing baseball does right: When the team fails, the manager gets fired. Sure, the rest of the team may suck too, but rarely do they suck more than the manager does [Bill James, I dare you to prove me wrong!] In this case, the LEADERS of an entire industry which sucks are asking to be financially forgiven for their sins. Their cars are produced and sold much more cheaply than the competitors' cars, and yet they blame the unions, medical costs, legacy contracts and ... I don't know ... zombies from Neptune ... could it be their inept and incompetent management? Just maybe. Have you driven a Ford lately? Have you bought one?

My dog turned 4 yesterday. So the photo up top is my birthday honor for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home