Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Cars

What was your favorite car? Your least favorite? Cars with stories is our topic.

Here is the complete list of all my cars:

  1. 1966 VW Beetle. Had it from 1979 through 1980 or 1981. Bought for $150 from my friends' Dad. Mike M. and I disassembled it one summer night in 1980, and it never got reassembled ... so I sold it for what I paid for it when a friend's brother's car got stolen.
  2. 1969 VW Type III Fastback. Had it from 1981 through late 1985. My first real car. I never drove that Beetle. Boy was this car a royal headache. Lousy engineering.
  3. 1963 VW Beetle. Had it in 1985 briefly. A piece of crap I wound up selling to my girlfriend. It blew up. Some years later, she dumped me. Coincidence? I think not.
  4. 1978 Toyota Corolla. I "borrowed" this car from my dad from 1985 through 1987, when I bought my truck. Great car. Probably still running.
  5. 1986 Toyota Truck. I had this car all the way from 1987 through the end of law school and beyond, and sold it to my Dad in 1994. I know it is still running. Biege, vinyl bench seat. No airbags, no problem!
  6. 1985 Toyota Camry. 1994 through 1996. I essentially traded my truck to my Dad for his car, this Camry. What a piece of crap. It kept stalling due to some defect with the valves. This car could have killed me, and it leaked oil and was underpowered. Thanks, Dad!
  7. 1993 Mazda Miata. 1996 through 2001(?). This car went everywhere and did everything. I drove from Seattle to San Francisco, non-stop. Got stuck in the snow. Loaned it out to my girlfriend, and then my business partner. The car kept on going and going. Loads of fun. I got too fat for it, though. Yikes!
  8. 1994 Honda Accord EX. I had this car from 2001 through late 2004, and again, I bought it from my Dad. Will I never learn? Good car, but I still remember spending about $1,300 replacing the ABS System. That really hurt.
  9. 2001 Saab 9-3. Got this one in early 2005, and it has served me well, knock on wood. I love the hatchback, as I can store things or my dog in it. And it has turbo so it is peppy. But I would like to have AWD, not that I need it in sunny CA.

So 9 cars over 26 years ... not too bad. What cars have you had, and which one was your favorite? I think my fave was the Honda, overall. But the Miata was close, despite that my friends dubbed it a "gay car." That hurt, I tell you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and no one has called the Saab a "gay" car?

12:47 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

The Honda was my favorite, too. I could really sleep well in that car.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

My car is not gay. It is decisively and stridently metrosexual.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home