Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

How Can I Miss You?

Yes, another fake celebrity is dead, and I am supposed to muster up some real emotion, I guess.

Yes, she was a fellow human being, I am told, and as such, I do feel a certain kinship.

But all in all, I am reminded of the immortal words of Norm MacDonald, the homophopic genius comic, who said [the day after Steve Irwin bit it], "It was tragic at the time." [3:01 in on the clip]

I feel much the same about Anna Nicole Smith. But what can you say.

Except express your revulsion at people like this. She barely expired, and yet already the commerce infestation has begun. But I guess that it would be ironic of me to condemn someone golddigging off the memory of a golddigger. Instead, I should find it somewhat appropriate.

I just can't muster the enthusiasm to care one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home