Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Day 4: In Bruges

No, I did not see "In Bruges" in Bruges, although I was tempted. Sounds like a good flick.

But instead, we took a canal tour, walked our asses off [again], got profoundly lost [again], learned how to dial direct numbers from our hotel phone, ate Belgian waffles [delicious] and saw the only Michaelangelo to leave Italy during the artist's lifetime [here at the church.]

The train from Brussels to Bruges was crowded, which must be due to the vigorous tourism here in Bruges ... as there is no industry here. Only tourism, and lots of it. It's the most well-preserved medival town in Belgium. So it's a destination city. Not the sort of thing I'm particularly interested in. I mean, I'd rather spend a day in Cleveland than in Solvang.

A little rain today, a canal tour, chatted with a family [mother & 2 daughters] from Chatsworth on the boat. Odd to meet people who live 25 miles from you some 5,000 miles from home. Bus tour of WWI battlefields tomorrow.

Oh, and a strong recommendation of the Welcome Hotel in Brussels. What a cool place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home