Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Think and Think Again

There was a children's clothing store in my fair berg, a kinda sorta upscale area, in a strip mall. And the name of the place was "Once Upon A Child." True story. Did infamous child-twiddler Michael Jackson frequent the store? I know not.

I'm doing my bills and so forth this evening. Did I tell you I am unemployed? So, these little forays are an adventure.

I know this is true for guys, I suppose it is true but less so for the ladies out there. Guys always assume other guys are LOADED with money. It has to do with the competitive-envy gene. I have a certain friend, really good guy. Whenever I mention anything related to my house, job, so forth, he will always interject some comment to the effect that I sleep upon spun gold, and wash my face with Evian and so forth. Because he has 4 kids, I have none ... I make more money [when employed] than he does ... and he does fairly well. So I must be exfoliating gold dust.

The truth is so far from that reality, but I've stopped explaining how financially screwed I am. Which, of course, is relative. I mean, I don't owe loan sharks, so I'm better than some. And my income potential is, in theory, pretty damn good.

But as they say, potential means you ain't done it yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

You lured me in by telling me about the spun gold and what do I get? Spun silver. Pfft. Big deal.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Actually, you get shredded wheat.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home