Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Airing of the Grievances

My gf, Ms Red Stapler, always has great success in her blog when she posts her gripes. So, in a shameless attempt at "spicing things up around here", I will do the same:

[a] Multi-millionaire musicians who refuse to license their work for commercials, and then TELL THE WORLD AT EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY they have done so. If I have to hear Eddie Vedder or Tom Petty publicly thank themselves one more time for being morally superior to artist X who licenses his/her work, then I will pull a Hendrix and choke on my own puke. [There is a YouTube clip of Eddie V. singing Pete Townshend's awful song "Blue, Red and Grey" wherein he chastises Jewel, of all people, for releasing a song as a commercial first. This is 2006 folks, license your shit. Or not. But don't criticize others for doing it. If it is as wrong as you say/think it is, the marketplace will let us know, believe me.]

[b] The Catholic Church. I went to the funeral mass for my old colleague [old? He was 40 when he died!] Brett Broderick [see below for brief tribute] yesterday. By Jove, it was a long, impersonal and weird service. If Father O'Blarney referred to "the great mystery of life" one more time, I was going to have him in a hammerlock. It was just a miserable experience. And the new songs that they've introduced into the hymnal ... a little too Dan Fogelberg for me, folks. Was that one of the reforms introduced by the Vatican II?

[c] Those weird giant inflatable Christmas decorations that people have on their lawns. Don't like 'em. Don't trust 'em.

That's it for now. Thoughts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just now discovering Eddie Vedder is a tool?

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home