Attitudinal

I'm informed you have a differing opinion.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bad Car, Great Review

I love cars. The cultural complexity they engender due to the complete incompetence of the auto industry, is of course, tragic. That is why this piece of writing is so excellent.

I have a nomination for Best Pants of the 1970s. And really, the most over-the-top ultra-sensitive song that really delivers the goods. The "goods" being dicklessness.

And speaking of such, what sort of mocking is needed in addition to the get up that Gilbert O'Sullivan was wearing for this very early performance, of what was otherwise a badly produced but decent song. I mean - how do you get an adult male to wear that sort of clothing?

But that's what I love about the 1970s. The utter randomness of it all. It's like no one had any idea of what to do, so they did random things. The whole world lost its culture. At once. And no one had any idea what to do in the vacuum. So they did ... amateur hour. For years on end. I miss it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home